TasCOSS are calling for applications for funding under the Smoke-Free Projects Program. Apply below!
As part of the Community of Practice, 10 community service organisations will each be provided with $5,000 to run a small project to progress towards smoke-free work areas and services.
TasCOSS and Quit Tasmania will work with you to develop an idea that is relevant to your organisation and the people who use your services.
Examples of ideas:
- Upskilling staff in brief intervention conversations.
- Free nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) for staff/clients interested in making a quit attempt.
- Establishing a support group for staff/clients interested in making a quit attempt.
- Implementing a smoke free policy or procedure.
- Tidying a smoking area to become an area for everyone to use.
- Purchasing a Smokerlyzer (carbon monoxide monitor) to monitor quit attempts.
EOIs will be assessed by an independent selection panel.
If you’d like to submit an application for funding but have questions or need some help, please contact Melissa Snadden, Smoking Cessation Project Coordinator, on 0414 965 056 or email Melissa.
NB: the questions we ask in the EOI form will be used to help us select a diverse range of projects and community service organisations to work with us. All information you provide will be confidential.