TasCOSS’s Vision is of one Tasmania, free of poverty and inequality where everyone has the same opportunity.
Established in 1961, TasCOSS’s Mission is twofold:
- To act as the peak body for the community services industry in Tasmania; and
- To challenge and change the systems, behaviours and attitudes that create poverty, inequality and exclusion.
We work with integrity and compassion to amplify the voices of Tasmanians and we name up bold, brave leadership when we see it.
- Integrity — we say what we mean, and we do what we say.
- Compassion — we listen, we don’t judge or make assumptions.
- Influence — we use our influence to make change for good.
How do we make a difference?
TasCOSS represents the interests of our members and their service users to government, regulators, the media and the public. Through our advocacy and policy development, we draw attention to the causes of poverty and disadvantage, and promote the adoption of effective solutions to address these issues.
As the peak body for the community services industry in the state, our diverse and valued member organisations are central to our work. Our membership includes individuals and organisations active in the provision of community services to Tasmanians on low incomes or living in vulnerable circumstances.