The Tasmanian Council of Social Service Inc (TasCOSS) is committed to ensuring that your participation in our important work protects your privacy.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT:
We collect and hold personal information that is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to, our functions or activities. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold about you will depend on the circumstances of collection and may include:
- Your name and date of birth,
- Your contact details (such as email addresses and phone numbers),
- Credit card/bank details,
- Information about how you respond to our emails and usage trends when you visit our website; and/or
- Any other information you choose to provide to us.
If you choose not to provide your personal information to us, we may not be able to perform our functions or provide services to you, such as, for example, managing your support, responding to queries or notifying you of upcoming events.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We collect personal information that has been provided to us in a number of ways, including:
- When you complete a form on our website which asks for your personal details (e.g. TasCOSS membership application, training or events),
- When you contact us by phone or email,
- When you respond to our emails,
- When you use our website generally (usage trends); and
- From third parties.
HOW WE USE AND WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
We use and disclose your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To perform our functions and activities,
- Sending communications to our members and supporters,
- Sending our members and supporters news relating to the work TasCOSS has been involved in,
- Providing you with information you have inquired about or that we believe would be relevant to you,
- Sending you information about news and events relating to other organisations,
- Contacting members of parliament, government departments, agencies and/or government decision-makers on your behalf,
- Allowing other organisations involved in our campaigns to contact you; and
- Analysing website user trends to improve our campaigns and communications.
We may also use your information for other purposes required or authorised by or under law (including purposes for which you have provided your consent).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties to enable us to perform any of the above services. These may include, for example:
- Financial institutions in order to verify payments,
- Government departments and agencies,
- People or organisations providing services to us,
- People or organisations involved in our campaigns; and
- Any other person as required to enable us to perform our functions and activities.
Personal information held by TasCOSS may be stored in hard copy, electronic format or stored securely with a third party storage service provider.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION:
TasCOSS seeks to ensure that the personal information it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You may access or update the personal information we hold about you by contacting:
Communications Department (03) 6231 0755 email@example.com Level 3, 86 Murray Street, Hobart, TAS, 7000
ENQUIRIES AND PRIVACY COMPLAINTS:
If you have a question or complaint in relation to a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by TasCOSS, please contact our Communications Department, whose contact details are set out above.
We will acknowledge that a complaint has been received, and handle any complaints in accordance with our internal procedures.