Across Australia – in cities, country towns and rural communities – our work touches every demographic and age group. We’re involved in national issues while also bringing hope to people who may be experiencing hardship or injustice.
Since our foundations in nineteenth century London, we express our faith in charitable work to provide both the spiritual and the social support. We believe that with one hand we reach out to God and with the other we reach out to the world.
As both a church and charity, we can preach and speak about justice, compassion, and other issues that support the welfare of others and see them as a whole person – body, mind and spirit.
- Our services
- Homelessness services
- Alcohol and other drug services
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander programs
- Aged Care Services
- National Chaplaincy
- Disaster recovery and emergency services
- Doorways and emergency relief
- Employment Plus
- Eva Burrows College
- Fighting Modern Slavery
- International development partnerships
- Red Shield Defence Services
- Salvos Funerals
- Salvos Stores and op shops
- Youth services
- Family and Domestic Violence
- Specialist parenting programs