Cancer Council Tasmania is a charity working to minimise the incidence and impact of cancer on all Tasmanians.
How we help
Cancer Council Tasmania provides free, professional support services to Tasmanians diagnosed with cancer, their family and friends.
Our support staff work with clients to assist them through a cancer diagnosis, treatment, survivorship and bereavement.
All our programs are endorsed by our Clinical Advisory Group to ensure they reflect best practice, are high quality and are run by appropriately qualified facilitators.
What we provide
Individual Support with access to professional staff in our Cancer Support Centres in Hobart, Launceston and Devonport.
- Group-based peer support in our cancer support groups.
- Practical support programs , such as wigs, transport, and pro bono financial and legal advice
- Complementary therapies such as mindfulness, yoga, tai chi and oncology massage.
- Additional financial assistance for young people 18 years and under when diagnosed with cancer
- Seize the Day Educational Scholarships for 16-25 year olds to assist with post secondary study
- Outreach services available within some hospitals and cancer treatment centres.