Warrawee offers a twenty four hour, seven day a week crisis accomodation service. We provide a safe, secure environment for women and women with children who are escaping violence, sexual abuse and homelessness.
Warrawee fosters self-esteem, self-awareness and offers a supportive environment in which to empower residents to make informed choices.
Our Values and Beliefs
• We believe everyone has the right to be safe and free from all forms of violence, and fear of violence
• We believe everyone has the right to be treated with dignity, equality and respect in accordance with Christian values and have access to services to ensure a better quality of life. Warrawee is respectful and culturally responsive to the needs of diverse groups
• We believe children have a right to a childhood free from violence, neglect and abuse
• We believe that everyone should feel connected and belong to their community
• We believe that action on prevention of violence is the responsibility of the whole community
• We believe the responsibility for violent acts and their consequences rests entirely with the perpetrator
• We believe the immediate ongoing safety of women and children is of paramount importance in all interventions
• We believe in and value our staff, and are committed to their growth and development as people, and support them in their work practices
• We endorse the values and principles of the National Plan to Reduce Violence Against Women and their Children and Taking Action: Tasmania’s Primary Prevention Strategy to Reduce Violence Against Women and Children 2012-22.