TasCOSS is seeking a Stakeholder Engagement & Policy Officer to lead stakeholder consultation and provide high quality research on energy affordability and other issues impacting on Tasmanians.
- Work Type: Full-time
- Classification: SCHCADS Level 5-6, depending on skills and experience
- Location: Hobart, Tasmania
- Duration: Fixed-term — 12-months, may be extended subject to funding
*** APPLY NOW! ***
We are seeking a full-time Stakeholder Engagement & Policy Officer to work in our Hobart office.
The Stakeholder Engagement & Policy Officer is responsible for developing and leading stakeholder engagement and consultation processes with people experiencing disadvantage and social exclusion, TasCOSS Members, community service organisations, government and industry. The role is also responsible for providing high quality research and analysis on energy affordability and issues impacting on Tasmanians experiencing disadvantage and social exclusion.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- Planning and delivering stakeholder consultations in the energy sector, community services industry and across government.
- Analysis, research and development of policy for TasCOSS across a broad range of social policy areas with a particular focus on energy affordability.
- Preparation of submissions to government and other inquiries.
- Convening and representing TasCOSS in policy forums and consumer advocacy groups.
- Assistance with the development and implementation of TasCOSS advocacy and campaigning strategies with a focus on the lived experience of Tasmanian consumers.
TO BE ELIGIBLE AND SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL HAVE:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of stakeholder engagement and leading, planning and delivering consultation processes.
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated research, analysis, problem-solving and project management skills and experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
The successful candidate will be committed to social justice, be highly motivated, a great communicator and skilled in managing stakeholders at all levels. You will be able to work autonomously as well as with the team and confidently represent TasCOSS in a range of forums.
For queries about the position, please contact Dr Charlie Burton, Policy Manager, on (03) 6169 9514 or email@example.com using the subject line: Stakeholder Engagement & Policy Officer enquiry.
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please download the position description and provide your resumé and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Applications are currently being accepted via EthicalJobs.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 24 August 2020.