Work type: Full time
Classification: SCHADS Level 5 or 6, depending on experience
Duration: 3 year & 1 year position, with possibility of a longer appointment subject to funding
Applications close: 26 October
We are seeking two full-time Policy Officers to work in our Hobart office. The Policy Officers will be responsible for producing high quality research, policy advice, reports and government submissions that draw on the experiences and voices of our members and those they provide services to, Key areas of policy include education, essential services, affordable housing, cost of living, and children and families.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Analysis, research and development of policy for TasCOSS across a broad range of social policy areas.
- Preparation of submissions to government and other inquiries
- Planning and delivering stakeholder consultations.
- Planning and delivering projects
- Convening & representing TasCOSS in policy forums.
- Assistance with the development and implementation of TasCOSS advocacy and campaigning strategies.
To be eligible and successful in this position you will:
- Have relevant work experience
- Have experience undertaking research in social policy or related field
- A relevant degree, such as Social Science, Politics, Social Work, Community Development, Social Policy, Law
- A strong understanding of Tasmanian political structures and the community sector
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research and analytical skills
The successful candidate will be committed to social justice, be highly motivated, a great communicator & skilled in managing stakeholders at all levels. You will be able to work autonomously as well as with the team and confidently represent TasCOSS in a range of forums.
How to apply
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please download the position description and provide your resume and a letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com
For queries about the position, please contact Policy Manager Charlie Burton at firstname.lastname@example.org