TasCOSS is seeking a Manager Advocacy & Communications to lead our communications and advocacy work to influence and impact positive change for Tasmanians experiencing disadvantage and social exclusion.
- Location: Hobart, Tasmania
- Conditions: Full-time (part-time hours may be considered); fixed-term — 12-months, may be extended subject to funding
- Classification: SCHCADS Level 7, depending on skills and experience
*** Applications closed! ***
We are seeking a full-time Manager Advocacy & Communications to work in our Hobart office.
The role is required to lead a small team and TasCOSS’s advocacy and communications agenda, as well as build and maintain effective external relationships with TasCOSS Members, the media, community service organisations, government and industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- Managing TasCOSS’s advocacy and communications work to support the community services industry in advocating for human rights in Tasmania and to facilitate respectful, compassionate and constructive public discussion about Tasmanians who are impacted by inequality and disadvantage.
- Monitoring the political, social and media landscapes and proactively identifying and determining advocacy priorities and strategic partnerships.
- Overseeing the implementation of a communications strategy, including general media management, media releases and responses, and industry consultation and communication.
- Leading the design and delivery of key stakeholder events, including the TasCOSS Conference.
TO BE ELIGIBLE AND SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL HAVE:
- Demonstrated experience and success in leading, designing and delivering advocacy and communications strategies and services relevant to the role of a community services industry peak body.
- Strong understanding of government relations and sound political judgement.
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be committed to social justice, be highly motivated, a great communicator and skilled in managing stakeholders at all levels. You will be able to work collaboratively as a member of the Management Team to integrate and achieve TasCOSS’s strategic outcomes and confidently represent TasCOSS in a range of forums.
For queries about the position, please contact Adrienne Picone, Chief Executive Officer, on (03) 6231 0755 or email Adrienne using the subject line: Manager Advocacy & Communications enquiry.
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, please download the position description and provide your resumé and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria. Applications are currently being accepted via EthicalJobs and SEEK.
Applications close 9am, Monday 11 January 2021.