- Where to from Here? Raise the Rate Supporters National Teleconference
9 April 2020
2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Join Raise the Rate supporters across the country, from your computer or phone, to reflect on the recent Coronavirus Supplement announcement, and how we respond to the new, uncertain situation that we find ourselves in.
Recently, the Federal Government announced the Coronavirus Supplement, a $550 a fortnight payment for all people receiving Newstart (JobSeeker Payment), Youth Allowance, Austudy, Parenting Payment, and others. The Coronavirus Supplement will start from 27 April 2020 and last for at least six months.
While the Coronavirus Supplement is only temporary, it is a clear acknowledgment from the Federal Government that the current rate of allowances is inadequate. It is a huge relief that all people on allowances will have access to this new payment.
- Where does the Raise the Rate campaign go from here?
- How do we keep fighting for a permanent raise to payments?
- How do we keep growing our support and momentum?
- How do we keep our movement connected and engaged when we are all stuck in our own homes?
Join campaign supporters across the country to discuss where Raise the Rate goes from here.
For more information, please contact Pas Forgione, Raise the Rate Community Organiser, on (02) 9310 6216 or email Pas.