- Transport Telco
17 May 2017
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
The City of Hobart has started to develop a Transport Strategy to plan for Hobart’s future transport needs. They’ve released a series of consultation papers on various transport issues, with the latest focusing on public transport—an area of keen interest for TasCOSS. We’re pulling together our response, and we’d like to hear your views.
Join us for a teleconference led by TasCOSS Social Policy and Research Officer Wynne Russell at 11am on Wednesday 17 May.
What do you and your clients want from public transport in Hobart?
The City of Hobart has started to develop a Transport Strategy to plan for Hobart’s future transport needs. They’ve released a series of consultation papers on various transport issues, with the latest focusing on public transport—an area of keen interest for many people on low incomes.
These are some of the questions they are asking—how might your clients respond?
- What are the challenges facing those who travel in and out of the city who are on low incomes or who have mobility issues?
- Do you find transport a significant part of your household costs? Does the cost of transport affect your transport decisions?
- What would encourage you to participate in a car pooling arrangement with others in your community?
- If a car-sharing platform were available in Tasmania, is it a service you would use?
- How much do school starting and finish times influence your travel each day?
- Would you support lower speed limits to protect vulnerable road users? Across Hobart, or only in targeted locations?
- Do you think that there should be a greater focus on the health and mobility aspects of providing public transport?
- Do you understand the impacts of climate change on successive generations?
You don’t need to have looked at the consultation paper to participate, just bring your thoughts and opinions – although if you have time, take a look at the City of Hobart paper. It’s Module 3.
To join the teleconference, dial 6105 0241, select 2 for a conference call, then 10607 and then PIN 7882.
We look forward to your contributions.
Venue: TasCOSS Teleconference
Dial 6105 0241
Select 2 for a conference call
Then PIN 7882