- Event 1 — Making Customers Central in the Conversation on Energy
August 21, 2019
9:30 am - 11:00 am
- Event 2 (Session 1) — Digital Inclusion: Closing Tasmania’s Great Divide
November 7, 2019
9:30 am - 11:00 am
- Event 2 (Session 2) — Digital Inclusion: Closing Tasmania’s Great Divide
November 14, 2019
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
*** SECOND SESSION ADDED DUE TO DEMAND ***
Policy Conversations is a free series of 90 minute events hosted by TasCOSS. Each event includes a briefing on a relevant issue, followed by facilitated discussion.
The Policy Conversations series aims to:
- give TasCOSS and the sector an opportunity to share and discuss current state and federal policy issues, and
- provide a forum to gather input for the sector’s advocacy work, such as submissions and lobbying.
The topic will be announced two weeks prior to each event. If you are interested in being notified upon release of the subject please email Bridget.
*** November Topic Release ***
Digital Inclusion: Closing Tasmania’s Great Divide
Digital services are as essential to our lives as power and water. It is essential for accessing work opportunities, lifelong learning, government services and maintaining social connections. Yet the latest Australian Digital Inclusion Index tells us Tasmania is the most digitally disadvantaged state and the gap with the mainland is widening.
Come along to our next Policy Conversation to discuss what digital inclusion means and the barriers to getting online. We’ll discuss possible solutions to making telecommunications more affordable, the internet more accessible and improving digital skills and ability for all.
Give us your feedback on what is needed to improve digital engagement and close the digital divide.
Registrations close 5pm, Thursday 7 November. For more information, please contact Dr Charlie Burton, Policy Manager, on (03) 6169 9514 or email Charlie.