- Anti-Poverty Week 2021
17 October 2021 - 23 October 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Anti-Poverty Week supports the Australian community to have an increased understanding of poverty and to take collective action to end it. This year, Anti-Poverty Week 2021 will be held from 17-23 October.
This Anti-Poverty Week we are reminding governments that there are two key things they can do to unlock poverty for individuals, families and children: raise income support above the poverty line and invest in social housing. Poverty affects far too many Australian children and families, diminishing their lives now and into the future. As one of the wealthiest countries in the world, it is just not right that one in six of our children grow up in poverty.
- Sign the petition which calls on the Prime Minister to support more social housing for women and children fleeing violence.
- Host your own activity in Anti-Poverty Week and submit it to the online calendar. You can head to the 2021 website page for more information or contact Toni Wren, Anti-Poverty Week Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Anti-Poverty Week 2021 events and activities (Tasmania):
- Lighting Up Hobart (11-13 October 2021)
- Lighting Up Launceston (17-26 October 2021)
- Lighting Up Devonport (18-24 October 2021)