- Anti-Poverty Week 2021
17 October 2021 - 23 October 2021
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Anti-Poverty Week supports the Australian community to have an increased understanding of poverty and to take collective action to end it. This year, Anti-Poverty Week 2021 will be held from 17-23 October.
Poverty affects far too many Australian children and families, diminishing their lives now and into the future. As one of the wealthiest countries in the world, it is just not right that one in five Tasmanian children grow up in poverty. Here is some immediate actions you can take:
- Sign the petition which calls on the Prime Minister to support more social housing for women and children fleeing violence.
- Host your own activity in Anti-Poverty Week and submit it to the online calendar. You can head to the 2021 website page for more information or contact Toni Wren, Anti-Poverty Week Executive Director, at email@example.com.
Anti-Poverty Week 2021 events and activities (Tasmania):
- City of Hobart: Lighting Up Hobart (11-13 October 2021)
- City of Launceston: Lighting Up Launceston (17-26 October 2021)
- Devonport City Council: Lighting Up Devonport (18-24 October 2021)
- The Salvation Army & Aurora Energy: The Money Puzzle (18 October 2021, Glenorchy)
- Colony 47: Free Pizza Lunch at Da Angelo (18 October 2021, Battery Point)
- Launch of Tasmanian Anti-Poverty Week 2021 (19 October 2021, Hobart)
- The Salvation Army: Community Expo & Community Lunch (19 October 2021, Burnie)
- Libraries Tasmania: Good to Know Expo (19 October 2021, Hobart)
- The Salvation Army: Dental Health for Life (19 October 2021, Hobart)
- The Salvation Army: Derwent Valley Family and Youth Network (20 October 2021, Derwent Valley)
- The Salvation Army Doorways Centres: Reading, Writing and Digital Support (21 October 2021, Huonville & Kingborough)
- The Salvation Army: Drop In Lunch (21 October 2021, Kingborough)
- The Salvation Army: Kids in the Kitchen Launch Afternoon (21 October 2021, Burnie)