Purpose & Overview
Community service organisations are invited to apply to the Essential Technology Fund.
The $250,000 fund, administered by TasCOSS on behalf of the State Government, will provide financial assistance to community service organisations in Tasmania that are required to change service delivery models in response to COVID-19.
The fund has been established to enable organisations to access and purchase technology to continue to deliver vital support services to Tasmanians in vulnerable circumstances through new service delivery methods online, by phone and working from home.
Organisations are encouraged to apply for up to $10,000. A larger amount may be granted at the funding body’s discretion if need is demonstrated and funding is available.
Community service organisations can apply to the Essential Technology Fund to purchase devices, data, software, phones or whatever it takes to keep providing vital services to Tasmanians. Retrospective funding can be requested for any technology needs purchased from 10 March 2020 due to COVID-19 impacts of service delivery.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 24 April 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the Essential Technology Fund, please contact Amy Bailey, Community Services COVID-19 Response Coordinator, via email.
- Organisations must be legal entities, registered with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC), based in Tasmania in the community services industry and providing support services to Tasmanians in vulnerable circumstances
- Retrospective funding can be requested for any technology needs purchased from 10 March 2020 due to COVID-19 impacts of service delivery.
- Funding will available for technology needs that are now required to deliver services as a result of the impact from COVID-19.
- Organisations are encouraged to apply for up to $10,000. A larger amount may be granted at the funding body’s discretion if need is demonstrated and funding is available.
- Funds are available for new technology, technology support and equipment to deliver vital services to Tasmanians such as:
- Devices for staff or clients (laptops, phones, monitors, tablets, etc).
- Online platforms/CRMs that will improve organisational delivery and connection with clients (video conferencing, accounting systems, website upgrades, digital connection platforms, etc).
- Infrastructure for connectivity (data and mobile plans, microphones, cameras, upgrade servers, etc).
- Training and support for staff and clients to increase capacity for effective delivery.
TasCOSS will use the following criteria to assess Essential Technology Fund applications.
|Assessment Criteria||Weight Percentage|
|Price and Value for Money