Want to help shape the future of the Tasmanian community services industry workforce? TasCOSS is looking for a talented project manager to drive change and help bring the ten-year Industry Plan vision to life.
- Location: Hobart, Tasmania
- Conditions: Full-time (part-time hours may be considered); fixed-term — ASAP though to 30 June 2024, may be extended subject to funding
- Classification: SCHCADS Level 6-7, depending on skills and experience ($101,037 — $113,852 + superannuation)
*** APPLY NOW! ***
Community services organisations and the services they provide support thousands of Tasmanians to lead more stable, healthy lives.
The need to grow the community services workforce is clear with demand for services continuing to rise. As it stands, we require 4,000 additional jobs statewide to meet projected community need by 2024.
The ten-year Tasmanian Community Services Industry Plan (2021-2031) — a shared vision for our industry between peak bodies, community service organisations and the Tasmanian Government — is the ticket to guiding industry development, recruiting and training our growing workforce and futureproofing the delivery of much-needed services to Tasmanians in need.
And this is where you come in.
TasCOSS has a key role in overseeing design and implementation of the Industry Plan priority areas.
The full-time project manager role is based in Hobart and will be responsible for working with TasCOSS’s key partners and stakeholders to bring the workforce priority of the Industry Plan vision to life.
The role will be required to interface and collaborate with others in the broader ‘care economy’ in health care, education and care (childcare), and human and social services with the intention of:
- Convening a Community Services Workforce Coalition; and
- Promoting and supporting the delivery of innovative training and education for a modern, rapidly growing industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE INCLUDE:
- As part of the TasCOSS team, work in partnership with Skills Tasmania and other stakeholders to establish and support a Community Services Workforce Coalition.
- To develop and implement an action plan with an emphasis on interfacing with and reporting to the Industry Plan governance structure.
- To work in partnership with stakeholders to identify key activities that can be implemented collaboratively and leverage resources and capital for the project.
- To develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, including community services, government agencies and officers, corporate stakeholders and other relevant bodies.
TO BE ELIGIBLE AND SUCCESSFUL IN THIS POSITION YOU WILL HAVE:
- A high-level understanding of the nature, role and challenges facing the non-government community services industry.
- Extensive experience in project management in a strategic context and skills and knowledge in co-design, community consultation, community development and capacity-building.
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience.
- High-level oral and written communication skills.
The successful candidate will be committed to social justice, be highly motivated, a great communicator and skilled in managing stakeholders at all levels. You will be able to work autonomously as well as with the team and confidently represent TasCOSS in a range of forums.
For queries about the position, please contact Simone Zell, Manager Community Sector Development, on (03) 6169 9515 or email Simone using the subject line: Community Services Industry Workforce Project Manager enquiry.
To apply, please download the position description and provide your resumé and a cover letter (maximum of two pages) addressing the selection criteria. Applications are currently being accepted via EthicalJobs and SEEK.
Applications close 5pm, Tuesday 19 October 2021.