If you haven’t already done so, now is a great time to discuss COVID-19 vaccinations within your organisation. To this end, we’ve jotted down some ideas to start a conversation with your staff below.
- Carry out an anonymous staff survey to ascertain people’s views about vaccinations in the organisation.
- Arrange an all-staff presentation and Q&A session on the safety and importance of getting vaccinated.
- Empower line managers to offer one-on-one sessions with staff members who are hesitant about the vaccine with no judgement.
- Reach out to your clients and ask them how they feel about unvaccinated staff working in the community and use these responses to motivate staff that getting vaccinated is essential to maintain the level of support that your organisation provides.
- Explore opportunities to open up access and look at ways in which you can provide support for staff to get vaccinated (e.g. paid time off).
Now is also a great time to update your vaccination policy, or to start one, in consultation with your staff to reflect the current working environment.
You are most welcome to get in touch with me or a member of the TasCOSS team if you have any questions or seek assistance around vaccination messaging or policies.