22 November 2017 9:00 am Australia/Hobart
393 Argyle St, North Hobart TAS 7000
Principals Australia Institute is offering a 2-day Youth Mental Health First Aid Training workshop where you will learn how to:
- Provide mental health first aid to young people,
- Assist young people who might be developing a mental health problem, and
- Support young people who are in a mental health crisis.
Topics covered include:
- Developing mental health problems – depression, anxiety problems, eating disorders, psychosis, and substance abuse problems.
- Mental health crisis – suicidal thoughts and behaviours, non-suicidal self-injury, panic attacks traumatic events, severe psychotic states, severe affects from alcohol or other drug use, and aggressive behaviour.