10 May 2018 11:00 am Australia/Hobart
- David Tune in his independent review of the 2012 Living Longer, Living Better legislation noted the need for measures to ensure long-term sustainability of the sector. This requires assessment across the full spectrum of revenue levers such as private and public funds and insurance products.
- The latest data shows increasingly difficult financial results for aged care.
- Estimates highlight that Australia will need another 83,500 beds over the next 10 years to meet the rising demand, and this issue needs to part of a longer-term sustainability strategy.
- Recent home care data shows the number of people on a waiting list for a Home Care Package (HCP) has grown to nearly 105,000 people. More than half of those waiting for level 3 and 4 HCPs are in the queue for more than six months.
- Also, it is still not clear how current funding commitments will meet the projected need of about 140,000 HCPs by 2021/22 – an extra 66,000 packages.
Please note: Once you are registered, one week prior to the webinar, ACSA will send you access details.
For more information about ACSA’s 2018/19 Pre-Budget Submission click here.