1 August 2018
Volunteering Tasmania (VT) has successfully secured funding through Skills Tasmania, Skills Fund, to partnership with Institute of Project Management (RTO 60154).
VT will be providing this opportunity to the volunteering sector to ensure volunteer involving organisations and those working within the sector are offered training and development opportunities to enhance their contribution to the volunteering community.
Cost to complete this course is at a reduced rate of $770 per person (plus GST). Normally $3770! Limited to 20 places.
You are encouraged to submit your expression of interest in the upcoming Certificate IV in Project Management Practice (BSB41515) training.
This training is ideal for you if:
- You are employed within a Volunteering Involving Organisation
- You are a supervisor or manager
- You are involved with a voluntary Board or Committee
- You have no prior qualification in Project Management
Over the course of an eight-day workshop series, you will learn the best-practice PM principles in the context of the project life cycle: from initiation, through to planning, execution and close. There is no out of workshop assessment activity required for this program.
By completing Certificate IV in Project Management you will:
- Apply basic project management concepts, methods and theories
- Demonstrate the technical skills of project management
- Understand the interpersonal aspects of project management
- Participate in the delivery of varied projects
- Evaluate and respond to project challenges
- Communicate professionally with project stakeholders
Training will be delivered across eight-days on the following dates:
- Days 1 & 2 27th & 28th September 2018
- Days 3 & 4 18th & 19th October 2018
- Days 5 & 6 8th & 9th November 2018
- Days 7 & 8 6th & 7th December 2018
All sessions are located at The Country Club, Launceston with all your resources and catering provided.
To submit your EOI to complete this training, please submit by Monday 13th August 2018 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org providing:
- Your full Name
- Current employer (if applicable)
- Your volunteering involvement/experiences
- A brief statement as to why Certificate IV in Project Management would help you
- Contact details – address, phone and email
Volunteering Tasmania will confirm all successful applications via email by 5pm on Friday 17th August 2018.