16 April 2021
The Federal Government has launched the 2021 Volunteer Grants, a program that provides small grants for organisations and community groups to use to support their volunteer program. Each electorate has total funding of up to $132,450 with a minimum of $1,000 and a maximum of $5,000 available per organisation.
What can the grant be used for?
- Equipment for volunteers such as laptops.
- Fuel and travel costs.
- Training costs.
- Background screening checks of volunteers.
- Promoting awareness of volunteering opportunities.
Is your organisation eligible?
To be eligible your organisation must be a legal entity with a current ABN and:
- Be a community based not-for-profit organisation;
- Have at least 40 percent of the organisation’s staff be volunteers;
- Seek a minimum of $1,000 and a maximum of $5,000; and
- Have a bank account with an Australian financial institution in the name of the organisation applying
How to apply?
- Address and contact details of two people within the organisation.
- Confirmation of your not-for-profit status, that you have a current ABN and that you are a legal entity.
- Confirmation of volunteer numbers within your organisation.
- An outline of what you will use the grant funding for, how it will meet the objectives of the grants program and how it will benefit the work of volunteers in the community.
- How much you are seeking (must be between $1,000 and $5,000).