15 August 2019 12:00 am Australia/Hobart
Community organisations leasing or owning commercial office space are now able to apply under the Power$mart Businesses program for co-funded energy efficiency audits. Information about Power$mart Businesses, including the eligibility requirements for applicants, can be found on Department of Premier and Cabinet’s Tasmanian Climate Change Office (TCCO’s) website.
TCCO has set up a panel of energy consultants to conduct the audits comprising of Andrew Sutherland Consulting Engineers, Energy ROI and Sustainable Living Tasmania. TCCO will organise quotes and engaging an energy auditor and pay for 70% of the audit cost with the applicant paying the other 30%.
An eligible community organisation would be an incorporated charitable institution, registered for GST and with an ABN, have less than 50 FTEs and have an annual electricity consumption of more than 30 MWh. It would also be helpful if the building has not been recently refurbished or had any energy efficiency upgrades carried out but this isn’t a requirement of the program.
For more information, please contact Garth Dickinson, Senior Policy Analyst, on (03) 6232 7188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.