25 June 2018
Volunteering Tasmania (VT) is the peak body for volunteering in Tasmania. A statewide, not for profit organisation, our purpose is helping Tasmanians experience the benefits of volunteering.
VT are seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from enthusiastic, experienced and skilled people to be considered for nomination to the Volunteering Tasmania Board, for a term of three years or a one year appointment may be considered. The Board meets around 6 times per year on average but has active sub-committees and requires a commitment of around 10-15 hours per month on Director duties.
Individuals will be able to complement our existing team with strong relevant networks across Tasmania and more widely, with good Tasmanian Government connections and a high public profile. In addition, skills, experience and knowledge across one or more of the following areas is ideal:
- Strategic planning
- Human Resources
- Public relations and marketing
- Board and senior management roles
- commercial / business sector
- governance, quality and risk management
- alternative income generation
If you are interested in nominating for a position on the Board you should initially provide an Expression of Interest addressing the key attributes above and the following points:
- Prior experience on Boards and Committees and/or knowledge of governance processes
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically
- The ability to attend meetings and contribute to Committees and out of session discussions and decision making
- Additional experience and skills you would bring to the Board
People who best meet our requirements will be invited to a meeting with the Chair to further discuss the role. Please note, two existing Board members are re-standing, however, an independent selection process is being followed.
For more information contact the Chair – Rachel Johnson on 0419 771 262 or to obtain an information pack send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest close Friday 6 July 2018 and should be marked CONFIDENTIAL and addressed to the Chair – Volunteering Tasmania 95-97 Campbell Street, Hobart 7000 or email@example.com