27 May 2019 9:00 am Australia/Hobart
Working It Out is recruiting a staff member to work in LGBTI Support and Community Development across the North and North-West regions.
Working It Out is a unique, specialist service for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, gender non-binary and Intersex people (LGBTI) and their families across Tasmania. We have a 20-year history of engagement with a range of government, education and community service organisations to ensure an inclusive service is delivered to LGBTI Tasmanians and their friends and families.
Working across the North and North-West of Tasmania, this role will:
- Provide 1:1 support to LGBTI individuals and their families/support networks in relation to gender, sexuality and or intersex status.
- Facilitate peer support groups for those negotiating their gender, sexuality and or intersex status and for their friends and family.
- Create and maintain relationships with community-based networks, agencies and service providers to increase community capacity and safety for LGBTI individuals and their family and friends.
- Provide resources, advocacy and referral to appropriate service providers and support networks.
- Assist with LGBTI inclusion, training and professional learning.
For further information, please contact Lynn Jarvis, CEO, on 0408 265 045. Applications close 9am, Monday 27 May 2019.