19 August 2019
Shelter Tasmania is looking for someone interested in building the capacity of the housing and homelessness workforce in Tasmania. This is a permanent Hobart-based position, working 4 days per fortnight.
The Workforce Development Officer researches, develops and coordinates the training needs of the housing and homelessness sector, as part of the Workforce Development Program (2018-2023). The position takes a lead role in working with the Shelter Tas CEO, the Shelter Tas team, Specialist Homelessness Services and Community Housing providers to deliver the Program outcomes.
We’re looking for someone with:
- An understanding of workforce development and workforce planning;
- Experience in project management, including development, implementation and evaluation of projects;
- High level written and verbal communications and IT skills;
- Demonstrated capacity to manage competing priorities whilst meeting organisational deadlines;
- A well-developed capacity to identify, establish and maintain effective partnerships with a diverse range of stakeholders; and
- The ability to work autonomously, manage time effectively and work within a small team setting.
We’re also looking for someone who:
- is highly self-motivated and creative;
- has previous experience in working in a community based organisation;
- has an understanding of and commitment to Shelter Tas’ values and to the affordable housing and homelessness sector; and
- has a current driver’s license.
How to apply:
Please read the following documents before submitting your application:
Only those applications which address the selection criteria will be considered.
For more information please call Shelter Tas on (03) 6224 5488 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.