15 October 2019
- Paid casual and volunteer roles available
- Full training provided
- Flexible hours and locations across Tasmania
- Supportive and experienced leadership team
Paraquad Tasmania collaborate with and support individuals with a spinal cord injury and their families to achieve greater independence, increase resilience, and build capacity for the future. Through lived experience and training, Peer Coaches will undertake this through the knowledge areas of:
- Independent living (modifications, equipment/aids, transitional supports, technological applications, transport);
- Health (pain management, wound and skin care management, access to preventative health care);
- Leisure and wellbeing (exercise, rehabilitation supports, social and community connections, wheelchair sport, nutrition, travel and accommodation, financial subsidies);
- Family and parenting (relationship counselling, making sense of trauma);
- Education and employment (including upskilling and volunteering options);
- Information and resources (including NDIS navigation, self-managed plans, trusted third party community providers); and
- Advocacy and support in resolving concerns.
Please complete the attached Expression of Interest form and return by Tuesday 15 October 2019 to email@example.com.