21 June 2019 12:00 am Australia/Hobart
Nexus is in the process of recruiting a allied health professional/clinical psychologist to work with complex clients who require a level of behavioural intervention or support.
This position is suitable for a psychologist or allied health professional with extensive behaviour support and clinical experience. Please refer to the attached position background paper.
Contributing to the operational objectives of the work area, this position will include:
- Provide input to clients including but not limited to psychological, cognitive, behavioural and/or capacity assessments, development of behaviour support plans and individual therapeutic interventions.
- Engage with and provide advice and consultation to multidisciplinary teams, operational managers, staff, families and support networks working with complex clients.
- Provide education and support to family, staff, carers, service providers and others involved in client support and management. Coach and problem solve specific issues with staff as they arise out of behaviour support plans and client support.
- Participate in quality improvement and research projects as agreed with the Manager Client Services.
- Actively pursue contemporary professional knowledge and its application to people with complex support needs. Apply this knowledge to policy and practice across Nexus as requested.
- Maintain records of clinical and non-clinical activity in accordance with Nexus policy and procedures.
- Actively participate in and contribute to the organisation’s Quality & Safety and Work Health & Safety processes and ensuring that quality and safety improvement processes are in place and acted upon.
- The incumbent can expect to be allocated duties, not specifically mentioned in this document, that are within the capacity, qualifications and experience normally expected from persons occupying positions at this classification level.
Knowledge and Skill (Selection Criteria)
- Extensive experience (minimum of 5 years) in, and knowledge of, contemporary Clinical practice in fields such as disability, autism, trauma, mental health or residential care which includes evidence-based assessments and therapeutic interventions.
- High level interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills including demonstrated experience in liaising effectively with family and support networks, clinicians and health professionals. Experience working with stakeholders on behavioural management strategies is desirable.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated experience in the provision of education, supervision and high level formal documentation.
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as a collaborative member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to apply independent judgement, adaptability and flexibility whilst working within a complex environment subject to change and experience in assessment using a broad range of frameworks and paradigms.
- Proven commitment to Quality Improvement, research and ongoing professional development.
- Commitment to building capacity and a quality of life that reflects and enhances an individual’s choice and control.
Mandatory Employment Checks
Current National Police Check (no more than 6 months old) and Working with Vulnerable People Card plus adherence with the NDIS Quality and Safe Guards Commission registration requirements is an essential requirement to work in the above areas of Nexus. Successful candidates will be requested to complete a pre-employment Medical Assessment for their suitability to perform the inherent roll requirements.
Nexus holds a Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) beneficial exemption. So long as this is retained Nexus shall provide all Employees with access to PBI salary sacrifice benefits up to the maximum allowed by the Australian Taxation Office for each Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) year, which does not incur FBT. All salary sacrifice packaging must be done under an arrangement made prior to the actual salary sacrifice taking place and will be processed by an external organisation as nominated by the Employer at the Employee’s expense.
How to Apply
If you have any questions, please call Mark Jessop, CEO, on 6240 5000.