8 July 2019 5:00 pm Australia/Hobart
Derwent Valley Community House is pleased to be a part of this exciting project, based in Tasmania’s picturesque Derwent Valley. The project is funded by the Tasmanian Government’s Jobs Action Package.
- Innovative pilot project
- 12-month fixed term contract with possible extension
The project’s vision: “Our compassionate community works together to connect local people with local jobs”.
About the Role:
- Develop, implement and drive an innovative pilot project to provide increased employment opportunities for residents of the Derwent Valley.
- Provide support and guidance to the Career Development Coach (to be employed) to ensure outcomes are achieved for the job seekers, employers and the community.
- Work with the community and with the Derwent Valley Employment Relationship Coordinator to identify emerging employment opportunities for job seekers.
- Help connect established networks to enhance employment solutions and promote the project through new and existing networks.
- Work in collaboration with the local steering committee
- The position is 0.6 FTE and is based at the Derwent Valley Community House in New Norfolk with regular travel across the Derwent Valley region. The position reports directly to the Derwent Valley Community House Coordinator.
- The position is Level 6/1 Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHADS) Award 2010.
- A mobile phone and tablet/laptop will be supplied and a car allowance will be negotiated.
About the Project:
Journey to Jobs adds value to employers and long-term unemployed people by:
- Exploring barriers to employment with local participants and job opportunities with employers.
- Extending the capability of participants to clear the barriers and the capacity of employers to respond.
- Employing local people in local jobs with the prospect of long-term work and long-term employability.
Applications close at 5pm, Monday 8 July 2019.