17 July 2020
Council on the Ageing (COTA) Tasmania
COTA’s Aged Care Navigator team is expanding. The Northern Hub is expanding to include the North-West and West Coasts so there’s a vacancy for a qualified person to work 14 hours per week in this important new role.
Working with a Project Officer based in Launceston and a Specialist Support Worker in Hobart, the role will support older people, their families and carers to be able to access and understand the aged care system.
Full details including duties and selection criteria are available here but as an example applicants must have:
- A well developed understanding of the operation of the aged care system and experience in navigating the system.
- Good local network knowledge in the North-West Coast and West Coast of Tasmania.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in delivering client support services in a community setting.
- Highly developed oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and problem solving skills .
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of WHS requirements.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Capacity to maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Commitment to the values of COTA Tasmania.
Applications close Friday 17 July 2020. For more information, please call (03) 6231 3265 or email@example.com.