30 September 2019 12:00 am Australia/Hobart
Anglicare Tasmania is committed to social justice, and this is manifest in our Social Action and Research Centre. For over 20 years we have focused on research, policy development and advocacy to successfully influence government and decision makers, to review and reform existing policy and improve programs to help Tasmania’s most disadvantaged people and communities.
Anglicare’s Social Action and Research Centre is unique for several reasons:
- We are independent and beholden to no external funding sources or agendas, allowing us to set our own priorities and operate according to our own values.
- We are part of one of the largest NGOs in Tasmania which delivers services across the state, grounding our work directly in the daily experiences of low income Tasmanians.
- We explicitly focus on Tasmania and the social issues that directly impact our state and our people.
About the role:
The Manager Social Action and Research Centre will strategically lead and build the capacity of SARC and its team of skilled researchers. Not only will you work closely with colleagues in the service delivery spectrum across Anglicare, you will also be in proximity to our clients — those in the midst of making big changes to their lives. Broadly the role will require you to:
- Lead, develop and implement a research agenda.
- Influence policy and promote social action.
- Lead and manage a team.
Applications close Monday 30 September 2019. For further information about this position, please contact Dr Chris Jones, Chief Executive Officer on (03) 6213 3562 or email email@example.com during business hours.