1 December 2020
Reporting to the Deputy CEO, you will work closely with the ACOSS communications and policy teams to lead community mobilisation and engagement, particularly with people with lived experience of poverty and disadvantage.
The core purpose of your role is to support community empowerment and participation in ACOSS’s public advocacy and change work, including the current ACOSS Raise the Rate for Good Campaign. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Recruiting, training and supporting individuals to engage with national campaigns.
- Supporting people with lived experience to share their stories and expertise.
- Coordinating and facilitating campaign meetings and events.
- Strengthening relationships with national representative and people-based organisations.
- Supporting ACOSS to develop processes for proactively engaging with representative organisations.