25 August 2021 1:00 pm Australia/Hobart
Free online training provided by the Tasmania Fire Service
Reducing the risk of fire—people with a disability
Participate in this free one-hour online training session for disability carers, assessors, specialist disability accommodation providers and allied health workers.
Fire safety information will be provided about fire hazards related to people who have a disability, fire safety and risk reduction, and the latest in fire mitigation and assistive technologies; aligning with the NDIS quality practice standards.
When: 25 August, 2021 at 01:00pm
Completing this training will help you to:
* reduce the risk of fire in the workplace when the workplace is a consumer’s home,
* help consumers to understand and practice basic home fire safety,
* inform consumers about the risk of fire in their homes,
* help consumers to think about ways of safe escape and to use these ways if there is a fire in their home,
* help consumers to understand and to fully recognise the risk of fire in their homes, and
* reduce the risk of fire injuries and/or fatalities in the home.
For more information about training in home fire risk reduction contact Lesley King, manager and trainer-Home Fire Mitigation on 6166 5606 or email email@example.com