13 October 2017 5:00 pm Australia/Hobart
1300 899 288
1. What you know about self-management in home care packages,
2. The interest in increasing the options for more choice and control of home care packages,
3. The information or support needed to self-manage care and services, and
4. The interest in self-managing package funds, as a ‘cash-out’ option, available at different levels.
WHAT WOULD SELF-MANAGING YOUR HOME CARE PACKAGE LOOK LIKE?
COTA Australia are conducting a nationwide survey and would like to hear from people who receive or are waiting to receive a home care package. We also want to hear from carers and family members who are supporting someone who is receiving a home care package. People who do not receive home care support but are interested in personal budgets and self-management options are also welcome to complete the survey. You have the chance to be in the running to WIN AN iPadwhen you complete the survey and tell us in 50 words or less why you think increasing self-management of home care packages is important. The survey closes on Friday 13 October. If you need assistance to complete the survey for any reason, please call the Self-management Project Team on Freecall 1300 899 288.
We are happy to help.
PREFER TO TALK TO US IN PERSON – WE WILL BE COMING TO HOBART
Consumers and providers are invited to talk to us in person about self-management and choice and control in home care. Consultations will be held at 9-11 am for providers and staff, and at 1:30–3:30pm for consumers and carers. You can register your interest to attend the Hobart session on Friday 3 November by completing the survey or by calling Freecall 1300 899 288.
Your participation will support the development of toolkits for providers and consumers and carers that will lead to a limited trial of home care package self-management in 2018.
COMPLETE THE SURVEY
• Consumer and carer survey: closes COB 13 October
• Aged care provider and staff survey: closes COB 13 October
Please contact the Increasing Self-Management in Home Care Packages Team COTA Australia for more information
P: 1300 899 288 E: firstname.lastname@example.org