8 July 2019 9:30 am - 4:30 pm Australia/Hobart
Launceston Conference Centre
50 Glen Dhu Street | South Launceston | TAS 7249
1300 667 826
Nationally accredited training for mental health consumers (10163NAT)
This three-day training course is designed for mental health consumers to become a consumer representative or to improve upon their existing consumer representative skills. Flourish, Tasmania’s mental health consumer voice, will provide mentoring and support for graduates to become paid ‘consumer reps’.
In this course you will learn how to:
- Participate with skill, knowledge and confidence in mental health service planning, committees and work teams
- Add the valuable and important consumer experience and voice in mental health
- Work with organisations on policy, program and service delivery matters to:
- Improve overall consumer engagement and input; and
- Work as a team towards caring and responsive mental health services
- Work effectively as a ‘consumer rep’ with services, organisations and other consumers.
This first Tasmania North and North West program is available to 18 people. Flourish members and other mental health consumers are encouraged to apply. For more course details go to www.healthissuescentre.org.au/training-events/consumer-training/.