29 October 2018
1300 369 319
Expressions of Interest (EOI) are now open for the upcoming ‘SMART Recovery Facilitator Training’ where a limited number of funded positions have been made available through the Primary Health Tasmania funded ‘wungana makuminya’ project. SMART Recovery facilitator training will enable those who have completed the course to run group therapy sessions for people seeking to change their behaviour around alcohol and other drugs.
DEN would like to encourage organisations or communities that are able to run a SMART Recovery program on an ongoing basis to complete an EOI. The EOI enables equity of access and aims to ensure that the resulting SMART Recovery groups are equally spread across Tasmania’s three main geographical regions.
In this two-day training, participants will learn:
- SMART Tools and how to apply them in a group setting;
- Practical application of Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI);
- Key group facilitation skills;
- Interactive roll-playing;
- How to manage difficult scenarios and participants.
To complete an EOI or for more information – click here.
For more information or queries about the training please contact Dave Reynolds at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 1300 369 319.