8 March 2017 9:15 am Australia/Hobart
Devonport Entertainment & Convention Centre
145-151 Rooke St, Devonport TAS 7310
(03) 6420 2900
An eSafety expert from the Office of the Children’s eSafety Commissioner will be delivering a FREE 2 hour presentation suitable for youth and social workers, counsellors and psychologists working in youth focused organisations.
In this rapidly evolving digital landscape, having a comprehensive understanding of a young person’s use of technology, and its impact on both online and offline behaviour, is essential in being able to provide effective and responsive care.
The session covers:
- Key cybersafety issues including:
- unwanted contact
- digital reputation
- accessing sexually explicit and inappropriate material – and its influence on relationships and sexual identity
- excessive gaming/social media
- The cultural context of social media and technology use by young people
- The Office’s power to remove serious cyberbullying material
- Practical strategies to safeguard and minimise risk with online interactions for those working with young people and advice to support safe and enjoyable online experiences.