28 June 2019 5:00 pm Australia/Hobart
Grants are available for amounts up to $3,000 and are open to local incorporated community organisations to initiate or develop activities that improve parenting, safety and resilience, build community capacity and the health and wellbeing of families with children aged 0-12 years.
Grants are available in the following Communities for Children locations:
- Derwent Valley
- Upper Derwent Valley / Central Highlands
- Southern Midlands
Incorporated Community Groups, Associations and Organisations are encouraged to apply for grants that address the following focus areas:
- Applications that focus on addressing family violence and increasing the safety of women and children.
- Activities that provide after school and school holiday activities/programs for children 5-12 years.
- Activities that support resilience and aspirations for families and children.
- Activities that encourage positive engagement with fathers and their child/ren.
- Activities that focus on Health and Nutrition.
The Salvation Army Communities for Children Small Grant funding is available for new activities or projects where no other application has been lodged with another funding program or source. We are not able to support the following:
- Scholarships or Bursaries
- Commonwealth, State and Local government funded agencies
- Fundraising drives
- Duplication of existing programs or projects
- Upgrade or improve buildings or assets
- Wages and/or salaries or staff travel
- Individuals with a business benefit
- Activities that are the responsibility of other funding programs
Please note that grant monies must be used for the purpose that the grant was awarded. Should circumstances change and other funding is sourced for the same project, The Salvation Army must be notified and a variation submitted for approval by the Communities for Children Committee. In some cases the grant payment will need to be returned.
For more information on the Communities for Children program please visit www.cfctas.org.au.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 28 June 2019.