11 September 2020 All Day
(03) 6331 6599
Playgroup Tasmania invites and encourages you to plan a free face-to-face or online activity or event and to register it.
Dates: 24 October – 1 November 2020
Theme: “Children have the right to choose their own friends and safely connect with others” (based on Article 15, United Nations Convention of the Rights of the Child)
Please remember: Children’s Week is for children of all ages (birth to age 18)!
A recent survey of children and families across Tasmania asked, “What would you like to do in Children’s Week?”
Here are the most popular activities: local treasure and scavenger hunts around their town, local teddy bears picnics in their community and outdoor and physically active events. Some families were also interested in an art competition and exhibition (either online or in person) or contributing to a 2020 Children’s Time Capsule.
Activities and events need to be free and based on the 2020 theme.
WHAT NEXT – HOW DO I REGISTER?
- Consider what free event or activity your community group or organisation wishes to arrange for Children’s Week 2020. Choose from the ideas above or come up with your own idea. Activities may be face to face, online or both! Consider whether you will require participants to register their attendance at your event (e.g. using Eventbrite).
- Decide if you wish to promote part of your regular program during Children’s Week (e.g. Playgroup, scouts, orienteering). This option means no additional planning for you and can be included in the Children’s Week Program.
- Contact Playgroup Tasmania if you need further ideas or support for your Children’s Week activity. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 03 6331 6599.
- Click on the link www.childrensweektas.com.au and complete the online Registration Form by 11th September.
- Playgroup Tasmania will collate registrations into a “Children’s Week Program of Events” which will be available online as well as printed and distributed regionally. PLEASE NOTE: you will be emailed a draft of the Program prior to publication and distribution (we anticipate this will be on 16/9/2020 with feedback required by 18/9/2020).
- We understand that some groups may not want their activity/event to be promoted in the program. We encourage you to still register your event and select “No” you do not wish your event published in the program.
- Prepare for your event and have fun!!