8 October 2018 12:00 am Australia/Hobart
Department of Education
1800 816 057
The Secretary, Department of Education is seeking expressions of interest from individuals who wish to be considered for appointment to the Early Learning Initiatives Steering Committee.
Membership is individual based, not representational.
The purpose of this group will be to provide strategic guidance and oversight in the design and development of the Tasmanian Government’s early learning initiatives: Working Together for 3 Year Olds, Strong Partnerships and Learning Hubs.
The strategic direction regarding early learning initiatives will be guided by government priorities, funding parameters and decision making processes.
Requirements for voluntary Steering Committee membership will include demonstrated knowledge, skills and expertise in three or more of the following areas:
- high level communication and collaboration skills with proven ability to work in partnership with others;
- a comprehensive understanding of early years education from birth through to the early years of school;
- understanding of the Education and Care sector including laws and regulations;
- service design and delivery for children and families;
- health and wellbeing of children and families;
- social equity and engagement strategies;
- strategic policy and planning for system level change.
The Expressions of Interest should include the following:
- maximum 500 word summary addressing the required demonstrated knowledge, skills and expertise including evidence of proven delivery of results;
- curriculum vitae with two referees who can verify the applicant’s claims.
- additionally, applicants are required to declare in writing that they have no interests which might appear to raise a material potential conflict with their duty as a member of the Committee, other than any required as a prerequisite for the ELISC.
The applications will be assessed by a panel with the process overseen by an independent probity advisor.
Expressions of Interest close 4pm Monday 8 October 2018 and are to be emailed to email@example.com.