7 October 2018
26TEN helps businesses, community groups, government, educators, and individuals to work together so all adults have the reading, writing, numeracy and communication skills they need for life.
One way we help is to provide grants for:
- employers to build skills in literacy, numeracy, and communication in their workforce
- communities to work together to build literacy and numeracy skills and encourage clear communication.
Grants for Employers opens Monday 24 Sep and closes on 22 Feb.
These grants support employers and peak bodies to run projects to increase the literacy and numeracy skills of Tasmanian workers (paid and voluntary). Projects can include improving all aspects of workplace communication, for example, to:
- improve the reading, writing and maths skills of employees so they can do their jobs better
- train employees to write work documents in plain English
- train supervisors and managers to support workers to build the literacy and numeracy skills they need to do their job.-
Employers operating in Tasmania, Tasmanian industry associations and peak bodies, and registered training organisations (in partnership with Tasmanian employers, industry associations, peak bodies) can apply.
More information is available here, including how to apply.