The TasCOSS Budget Prorities Statement 2017/18 presents a challenge to Government – a different way of working together for solutions to growing economic and social inequities. We know that solutions and innovation are sitting within our communities and there is a genuine desire to co-design and work together to achieve change.
Overall TasCOSS proposes:
- The co-design of a Community Innovation and Investment Framework
- Work with communities to build their capacity to have a voice
- The trialling of community-driven solutions – initially focussing on employment
- A regional trial to understand how local actions can address transport disadvantage and unemployment
- Allocation of a Community Innovation and Investment resource to enable action
This year, TasCOSS also worked collaboratively with both the Community Sector Peak Bodies Network and a wider group of Tasmanian Peak Sector Organisations to develop two additional Budget Priorities Statements.
The Tasmanian Community Sector Peak Body Network Budget Priorities Statement 2017/18 provides a shared Tasmanian Government Priority statement for the Tasmanian Community Services Peak Network who work collaboratively to support the needs of the Tasmanian not for profit sector and population groups of interest.
The Joint Statement of Aspirations for Tasmanian Peak Sector Organisations partners include the Council on theAgeing (COTA), Local Government Association of Tasmania (LGAT), Aged & Community Services Tasmania, Master Builders Tasmania and the Tasmanian Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance. This ground-breaking document demonstrates the strength of cross-sector partnerships and our shared vision for Tasmania to Government.