TasCOSS is a supportive work environment and has a proactive approach to ongoing professional development for staff members.
As a consequence of working from home due to COVID-19 requirements, staff members across the organisation were encouraged to take part in online webinars and training opportunities as work allowed. As a result staff members attended a wide range of sessions from seminars on the economics of the COVID-19 response and recovery to online social impact measurement workshops and many others.
In addition, during this reporting period TasCOSS invested in professional development including:
- Ongoing interaction and engagement with the Employer of Choice Awards network.
- Ongoing organisation-wide application and support for use of coaching principles in Human Resource (HR) interactions across all strategic areas and management levels.
- Office Manager (Member Support) attended the Member Experience Event Program 2019 one-day workshop in Melbourne.
- Manager Communications & Advocacy undertook the first of six modules in the Public Leadership Certificate at the Harvard Kennedy School.
- Two members of the TasCOSS team attended the two-day Virtual Progress 2020 conference.
- TasCOSS CEO attended an Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) training course in February 2020.