TasCOSS and Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drugs Council (ATDC) Tasmania have joined with the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) to provide the Governance Foundations for Not-for-Profit Directors program to our members.
This heavily subsidised training opportunity has a combined length of 1.5 days and consists of three modules:
- Duties and Responsibilities of the Not-for-Profit Director
- Strategy and Risk for the Not-for-Profit Director
- Finance for the Not-for-Profit Director
Interested? Submit your EOI today via the form below.
Completion of the full program will set a solid foundation for the board and organisation through a greater awareness of a not-for-profit directors fundamental duties.
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Identify the key duties and responsibilities of directors in the not-for-profit environment.
- Appreciate the potential personal liability of directors and council members.
- Understand governance structures as they apply in the not-for-profit context.
- Consider the differences/similarities and nuances of the director’s role in the not-for-profit/for profit sectors.
- Understand the role of directors in overseeing the strategy formulation and risk management approach of the organisation.
- Grasp how directors in the not-for-profit sector can link the financial statements to understand the ‘financial story’ and health of the organisation.
Cost: $237.50 (excl. GST)
EOIs close 5pm, Thursday 10 February 2022. If you have any questions, please contact Susannah Coleman-Brown, Community Sector Development Team Leader, via email.