Tasmania’s Fastest Growing Industry
The TasCOSS State Conference brings together CEOs, board members, managers and service providers from across Tasmania to think, discuss and recognise the work of professionals and volunteers across the community service industry.
The Tasmanian Council of Social Service (TasCOSS) is the peak body for Tasmania’s community service industry.
TasCOSS and its representatives meet daily with government representatives, community leaders, major employers and the State’s decision-makers.
There are more than 400 not-for-profit organisations in Tasmania, employing more than 10,000 people in communities across the State.
This year, TasCOSS is working closely with the Youth Network of Tasmania (YNOT), which represents 85,000 Tasmanians aged 12-25 years, to integrate young people, their unique perspectives and voices to the State Conference program.
TasCOSS Members are:
- Largely female and range in age from 20 to 60+
- 50% are aged 35-54 years of age
- Workers spanning skilled university and trades graduates to highly-experienced CEOs of organisations with more than $60Million in annual turnover
- Engaged users of social media, in particular Facebook
- Highly aware of news, politics, health and community activity, and
- Passionate, hard-working and loyal.
TasCOSS Members are looking for:
- IT innovations
- Fleet vehicles
- Media and communications expertise
- Reporting systems
- Quality assurance
- & much more.
Our Conference Theme: Challenging Ourselves, Changing Tasmania
This year’s conference theme highlights the need for us to consistently work to challenge ourselves and others to improve opportunities for people living on low incomes in our communities.