The Tasmanian Electoral Commission has been asked to conduct the 2019 election of Board members in accordance with the Constitution of the Tasmanian Council of Social Service Inc.
The positions, each for a two-year term of office are:
- One (1) member who is a representative from a Peak Body
- One (1) member who is a representative of an Organisation
- One (1) member who is a representative from the Regions — North/North West
- One (1) member holding Individual Membership
Nominations are invited from Council members and must be lodged, posted, faxed or emailed to be received by 5pm, Wednesday 2 October 2019 by the Returning Officer at the Tasmanian Electoral Commission (contact details below).
The nomination form is also available from TasCOSS at Level 3, 86 Murray Street, Hobart, TAS, 7000 or the Tasmanian Electoral Commission.
- Candidates and nominators must be current members of TasCOSS or represent organisations that are current members. Associate members are not eligible. Prospective nominees in the Individual Membership category must be a personal financial member of TasCOSS – involvement with a TasCOSS member organisation is not acceptable.
- Candidates and nominators who represent organisations must be currently recorded as the nominated representative of their Peak Body or Organisation (contact the TEC or TasCOSS if you are unsure of your status).
- A valid nomination must be in writing and signed by the candidate and at least two (2) members nominating the candidate. Nominators from your own organisation are NOT permitted.
The address for lodgement at the Tasmanian Electoral Commission is:
Street address: Level 3, 169 Main Street, Moonah, TAS, 7009
Postal address: PO Box 1005, Moonah, TAS, 7009
Phone: 1800 801 701 or (03) 6208 8710
Fax: (03) 6208 8791
Electoral roll of Council members closes: 5pm, Tuesday 17 September 2019
Nominations close: 5pm, Wednesday 2 October 2019
Ballot material posted (if ballot required): from Tuesday 8 October 2019
Close of postal ballot: 10am, Tuesday 29 October 2019