Keep up to date with TasCOSS’s response and media coverage of the 2019/20 State Budget handed down by the Treasurer on Thursday 23 May 2019.
- Read TasCOSS’s 2019/20 State Budget Media Release
- Read the 2019/20 State Budget Papers
- Media: They waited through the Golden Age budget — and they got this (The Mercury Talking Point, 24/05/19)
- Media: Government labelled ‘in denial’ over budget priorities: TasCOSS (The Examiner, 24/05/19)
- Media: WIN News Coverage (24/05/19)
- Media: TasCOSS lays bares the harsh reality of the ‘other’ Tasmania (The Mercury, 25/05/19)
- Media: TasWeekend: Struggles of the working homeless (The Mercury, 25/05/19)
- Media: COMMENT | Budget fails to invest in Tasmanians (The Advocate, 25/05/19)
- Media: Homeless launch a cry for help as they cling to hope (The Mercury, 26/05/19)
- Media: State homelessness crisis hits middle class (The Mercury, 27/05/19)
Watch the TasCOSS 2019/20 State Budget Briefing at Hadley’s Orient Hotel below. View the presentation slides from the TasCOSS 2019/20 State Budget Briefing (PDF, 962KB) and/or read the Measuring Progress in Tasmania (2013–19) table (PDF, 236KB).
0:00-27:30: TasCOSS CEO Kym Goodes opening address and summary of key announcements.
27:30-42:31: The Honourable Roger Jaensch MP, Minister for Human Services, Housing and Planning address.